This event is SOLD OUT. Registration is closed. We are hoping to host another night once IRON FLAME comes out on November 7th so be on the lookout for that.
Please register with a General Admission: Fourth Wing ticket if you plan on attending and painting your book with the "Fourth Wing" dragon stencil. If you are not planning on painting your book with the dragon stencils please register with a regular General Admission ticket.
Join Emma P. as she leads a bookish craft night in the Frankfort Avenue event space! She will teach you how to paint the edges of your book in either a solid color or, if you’re feeling adventurous, with stencils to replicate the “Fourth Wing” black edges with white dragons.
Sprayed edges are a great way to personalize and customize your books and has grown popular in the book world in the past few years. Rebecca Yarros’s hit “Fourth Wing” took the world by storm and with the first editions, each book came with black sprayed edges with dragons. Since those have been long gone, we have decided to teach a class for those missing that element and for everyone to learn how to spruce up their shelves with this pop of color!
Important info for this event!
- This is a free event and does not require any purchase. Please register/fill out this form here so we can get an idea of how many people are coming and how many Fourth Wing stencils we should estimate making!
- Crafting always comes with risks and it is possible to mess up in small ways. Carmichael’s is not responsible for replacing any books if mistakes happen. Small paint bleeding or tears to the end pages or naked book are possible. If you are not comfortable with this, consider bringing or buying a practice book.
- Carmichael’s will supply paint, brushes, washi tape and the other crafting supplies. You must supply your own hardcover, whether that is bringing it from home or buying one from the store! Hardcovers are highly encouraged as paperbacks can be harder, especially for beginners.
- For those who are interested in replicating the “Fourth Wing” edges, we will supply stencil cutouts of the dragons.
- Emma has plenty of practice painting edges! This is not her first rodeo and she is excited to host this craft night!
Mobility device access info:
While our store has ramp access to the right of the main entrance, the event space is more easily accessed by entering at Bayly Avenue. Please call the store when you arrive and we will be happy to welcome you via this entrance. This door is next to a loading zone for easy car access, and our parking lot reserved ADA spots are also close to this entrance.
An Instant New York Times Bestseller
A Goodreads Most Anticipated Book
"Suspenseful, sexy, and with incredibly entertaining storytelling, the first in Yarros' Empyrean series will delight fans of romantic, adventure-filled fantasy." —Booklist, starred review