Go beyond the ordinary with this remarkable travelogue and guidebook filled with spectacular color photography that showcases Venice’s magical beauty and hidden gems, from the Piazzo San Marco to the island of Giudecca, the banks of the Grand Canal to the Arsenal district—the second entry in the Hedonist’s Guide travel series.
Combining essential insider details, cultural information, must-see attractions, and detailed maps with glorious custom photography, Magical Venice is the ultimate handbook for modern nomads, including both savvy travelers and novice tourists. Designed for twenty-first century globetrotters, Magical Venice features stylish graphics and an elegant visual design, as well as a breakdown of must-visit places, thematic double-page photographic spreads to help you discover and understand the city, and walking routes to explore each district away from the crowds. Every fascinating detail of Venice is revealed, from the splendor of its palaces, the beauty of its piazzettas, the romanticism of its bridges and canals, the delights of its gastronomy, the charm of its sestieri—the districts that make up the city of the Doges—and the wealth of its museums and its arts and crafts.
Whether you prefer a more traditional visit or want to chart your own unique course, this user-friendly reference and coffee table book includes everything you need—and more:
- Discover the spirit of Venice as seen through the eyes of Philippe Starck
- Visit Carlo Scarpa's Olivetti showroom, Piazza San Marco
- Taste cicchetti in the city’s bacari
- Drink a bellini at Harry’s Bar
- Admire the gems of modern art in the baroque palace of Ca ’Pesaro
- Visit the latest contemporary constructions on the island of La Giudecca
- Learn about the phenomenon of aqua alta
- Take a walk in the hidden gardens of Venice
Magical Venice offers inspiration and insight for armchair travelers and dreamers alike. Best of all, the gorgeous photography transforms the book into a keepsake that will transport you back to your favorite places and sights long after returning home.
Experience Venice as never before with the Hedonist’s Guide!