Carmichael’s Bookstore Code of Conduct
Carmichael’s is dedicated to providing the community an inclusive, respectful, and engaging environment for the open exchange and discussion of ideas as diverse as the world in which we live. This Code of Conduct applies to all who enter the store or attend any Carmichael’s Bookstore offsite events or participate in our social media channels including, but not limited to; guests, staff, authors, vendors and press.
We are committed to a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of race, sex, gender identity or expression, religion or lack thereof, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran or marital status, body size, physical or mental illness, or sexual orientation.
We have a zero tolerance policy towards harassing behavior including, but not limited to:
- Intimidation or threats
- Unwanted advances or attention
- Stalking, following, or impeding the free movement of others
- Unwanted photography or video recording (including any recordings or photography conducted without prior approval of management)
- Verbal threats
- Inappropriate gestures or statements
- Sustained disruption of speakers
- Purposeful destruction of merchandise or signage
- Misuse of the store space
- Disrespectful comments that go beyond the boundaries of civil disagreement and civic discourse
Carmichael’s staff reserves the right to begin de-escalation processes and if necessary remove any person from the premises who does not adhere to this Code of Conduct.
If you see or experience behavior that violates this code of conduct, please contact the nearest staff member and a manager will address the situation. To file a formal complaint, email email@example.com. All complaints will be investigated - please provide detailed information and your contact information.