This book cannot be returned.
In Making Choices for the Successful Actor, premier acting teacher, legendary director, producer, and coach, Price Hall, reveals his cutting-edge technique, which has enabled many actors (the likes of Malcolm McDowell, Luke Goss, Bryan Batt, Kate Orsini, Hani Furstenberg, Thomas Francis Murphy, Christopher Emerson, Phillip Fornah, and Jay Caputo) to further their successful acting careers in Hollywood.
This interactive success guide will teach actors, both professional and aspiring, the "What" and "How" to bring that most desirous of qualities to their work: PRESENCE. Directors and casting directors love PRESENCE, the camera eats it up, and the audiences will keep coming back for more.
- HOW the actor makes powerful CHOICES for the Character which continually drive them forward with zero self-consciousness
- To discover what a real relationship is, what it feels like, between you and the other Characters
- The importance of understanding the situation and How to change it simply by MAKING a different CHOICE
- How, with your wonderful imagination, visualizing the PLACE, TIME, and specifically WHO you are interacting with is the true KEY to PRESENCE
- How Choosing a NEED TO BE SATISFIED ONLY through the other character has you ACT and BE POWERFUl.
- How, with a CHOICE in mind of a NEED TO BE SATISFIED, any obstacle, be it internal or external, can be overcome. This kind of confidence creates POWERFUL ACTORS.
Price Hall's technique is the leading edge of acting for the twenty-first century. This Guide provides a clear, simple, and specific Handle that the actor can use any and every time their PRESENCE is required MAKING CHOICES is the doorway to the Power of the Actor.
The curriculum provided in this acting guidebook is packed with exercises that train you how to connect un-self-consciously with your inner pain and emotions, and to use these experiences, or let them use you, to satisfy the need in any acting situation. These acting techniques and training tools are a Handle that will allow the actor to understand quickly, on a deep and intimate level, the art of the human being as an actor both in classic and contemporary material.
In fact, this actors' guide book is a Handle that's flexible enough to apply to any role, helping actors to create characters with truthful and compelling inner lives.
MAKING CHOICES for the successful actor is all about Being Here Now Naturally... always Alive in the Moment.