Introduction to Bonsai: The Complete Illustrated Guide for Beginners (with Monthly Growth Schedules and Over 2,000 Illustrations) (Paperback)
Not currently on our shelves, but available to order (usually within a few days)
Go beneath the soil with this hand-drawn guide This book is sure to become your go-to reference for all things bonsai. Beautifully illustrated with details and views a camera simply can't show, Introduction to Bonsai offers a unique and insightful look at these mini ecosystems. This complete guide contains all the information you need to create and maintain your own bonsai:
- Handy monthly bonsai maintenance schedules detail proper watering, pruning, wiring, transplanting and other upkeep activities throughout the year
- Leaves, fruits, flowers, and processes are presented up-close to help make growing and upkeep as successful and simple as possible
- Diagrams show where, how much, and in what direction pruning, wiring, watering and other maintenance should be performed
- Clear, detailed illustrations of every part of the bonsai ensure that you'll see everything you need to see, exactly as you need to see it--making this a great resource for collectors and enthusiasts at all levels
Learn the specific ways to care for more than 40 types of popular bonsai trees, including:
- Flowering Bonsai--cherry blossom, dogwood, azalea and lilac
- Fruiting Bonsai--crab apple, persimmon, Chinese quince and burning bush
- Coniferous and Deciduous Bonsai--maple, Japanese beech, black pine and salt cedar
Prepared by the editors of Japan's popular Bonsai Sekai (Bonsai World) magazine, this handbook is designed to make care and maintenance easy for bonsai beginners--from seeds to root systems and from basic watering to your first transplant.
About the Author
Bonsai Sekai (Bonsai World) is the leading Japanese magazine for bonsai lovers, first published in 1970. Over the years, it has brought together practitioners from all over the world, sharing techniques, announcing exhibitions and fostering a love of bonsai. Kyosuke Gun has been a botanical illustrator and bonsai practitioner for nearly fifty years, growing approximately 450 species and nearly 5000 plants over five decades of raising bonsai.