This book cannot be returned.
Original Release Date: December 2022. Printed in black & white.
Principles of Macroeconomics 3e covers the scope and sequence of most one-semester introductory macroeconomics courses. The third edition takes a balanced approach to the theory and application of macroeconomics concepts. The text uses conversational language and ample illustrations to explore economic theories and provides a wide array of examples using both fictional and real-world scenarios. The third edition has been carefully and thoroughly updated to reflect current data and understanding, as well as to provide a deeper background in diverse contributors and their impacts on economic thought and analysis. For example, the third edition highlights the research and views of a broader group of economists. Brief references and deeply explored socio-political examples have also been updated to showcase the critical - and sometimes unnoticed - ties between economic developments and topics relevant to students.
A fuller list of changes made in Principles of Macroeconomics 3e are described in the preface.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Welcome to Economics
- Chapter 2: Choice in a World of Scarcity
- Chapter 3: Demand and Supply
- Chapter 4: Labor and Financial Markets
- Chapter 5: Elasticity
- Chapter 6: The Macroeconomic Perspective
- Chapter 7: Economic Growth
- Chapter 8: Unemployment
- Chapter 9: Inflation
- Chapter 10: The International Trade and Capital Flows
- Chapter 11: The Aggregate Demand/Aggregate Supply Model
- Chapter 12: The Keynesian Perspective
- Chapter 13: The Neoclassical Perspective
- Chapter 14: Money and Banking
- Chapter 15: Monetary Policy and Bank Regulation
- Chapter 16: Exchange Rates and International Capital Flows
- Chapter 17: Government Budgets and Fiscal Policy
- Chapter 18: The Impacts of Government Borrowing
- Chapter 19: Macroeconomic Policy Around the World
- Chapter 20: International Trade
- Chapter 21: Globalization and Protectionism