This book cannot be returned.
This richly illustrated book is the first devoted to scenic Third Cliff, a magical meeting place of land, river, and sea, and to those who have called it home. It traces the transformation of seacoast Scituate from a colonial town of the 1600s into a summer destination of the 1900s, and the conversion of farmland into summer colonies.
- The people, places, and stories of a notable community in a historic seacoast town
- Home to amazing people -- farmers, golfers, Irish mossers, the first maker of portable houses, and the influential Welch family
- Highly readable, over 300 pages of deep research
- More than 140 images, some rare, with looks at and inside "Welch colonial" houses
- Already acclaimed by academics, hailed by historians, and eagerly anticipated by residents
On a Cliff is the latest book from historian Lyle Nyberg, author of Summer Suffragists (2020). His work is published in the state's database of historic resources, and has appeared in magazines and newspapers. F For more about the author, or more about the author,