The book is not currently in stock at our stores. Please call us for price and availability.
From the perfect scrambled egg for one to special-occasion brunch crowd-pleasers, wake up to 100+ breakfast and brunch recipes from a Cake Wars judge and celebrated pastry chef
“Sure to help any cook crack into the incredible, edible egg.”—Michael Voltaggio, chef/restaurateur
Have you ever wished you could enjoy a delicious restaurant-quality breakfast or brunch at home with your loved ones? Sunny-Side Up will have you doing just that in no time. In her warm and encouraging voice, Waylynn Lucas demonstrates how a touch of finesse can elevate your dishes and make you more confident in the kitchen. Whether you’re looking for a decadent weekend brunch spread to impress guests or a healthy make-ahead breakfast to start your day off right, you can find just what you’re craving in chapters such as:
• Egg obsessions and other savories: from Melt-in-Your-Mouth Scrambled Eggs and Chilaquiles to Chipotle-Maple Breakfast Sausage Sandwiches
• Syrup required: Buttermilk Pancakes, Waffles, and Waylynn’s sweet and savory French Toast Sandwich combinations
• Biscuits, muffins, breads, and more baked goods: Bacon-Cheddar Biscuits, Banana Mocha Chocolate Chip Muffins, Grapefruit-Pistachio Cakes, and Peach-Thyme Jam
• Fancy pastries: Brioche Beignets, Sticky Buns, Apple-Almond Tart with Orange Essence
• Yogurt, bars, breakfast pops, smoothies, and other healthy yums: Homemade Yogurt, Carrot-Coconut Pops, Beets Don’t Kill My Vibe Smoothie, Green Machine Juice
• Boozy daytime adventures: Watermelon-Jalapeño Smash, Margarita Bar, Lemon Slushy for Adults Only, and Grapefruit-Mint Mimosas
With more than 100 photographs, Sunny-Side Up is perfect for home cooks who want to wake up to delectable and uplifting dishes fresh out of their own kitchens.
About the Author
Waylynn Lucas is the encouraging but honest judge on Food Network's Cake Wars, and former executive pastry chef of such notable restaurants as SLS Hotel in Beverly Hills, four-starred Bazaar by José Andrés, Joachim Splichal's Michelin-starred Patina, and the Penthouse Restaurant at the Huntley Hotel. She is also a former cast member of the Bravo show Eat, Drink, Love and CNBC's Restaurant Startup. Waylynn currently lives in Park City Utah, where she has founded a catering business called Butter and Barley.
“If Waylynn’s fonuts are anything to go by, I promise all the food in this book is going to be delicious. Her recipes are straightforward and mouthwatering for home cooks and pros.”—Duff Goldman, chef
“Waylynn’s bubbly and warm personality radiates through not only her storytelling in this book but also in the recipes themselves. They’re friendly and approachable but still convey the knowledge from her culinary training and, more important, her experiences as a chef.”—Josiah Citrin, owner and chef of Melisse, Charcoal Venice, Openaire, and Dave’s Doghouse
“This book is ezzactly what I’d eggspect from Chef Waylynn. She never does anything the over-easy way. Sunny-Side Up is sure to help any cook crack into the incredible, edible egg.”—Michael Voltaggio, chef/restauranteur
“Waylynn Lucas’s dazzling new cookbook, Sunny-Side Up, seizes the day. This comprehensive and colorful tribute to the egg—the planet’s most universally adored food—makes me want to wake up and dash to the kitchen.”—Nancy Silverton, owner of the Mozza Restaurant Group and founder of La Brea Bakery