Skill Sharpeners: Critical Thinking, Grade 5 Workbook (Paperback)
Foster your fifth grader's critical thinking skills and see confidence soar with this engaging full-color workbook
Children are naturally inquisitive from infancy, yet creative and problem-solving skills need to be nurtured as children grow. Like reading and math skills, critical thinking skills require practice.
The variety of fun and creative activities in Skill Sharpeners: Critical Thinking will challenge your child to use higher-order thinking skills based on Bloom's Taxonomy.
Every page provides a new and interesting activity that will help your child:
- Think outside the box and use higher-order thinking skills through open-ended questions and challenges
- Tap into his or her creativity with art projects and hands-on activities
- Become a better learner by practicing critical thinking skills in cross-curricular activities (based on science, math, social studies, and language arts content)
The 100+ activities are organized around these 5th grade themes:
- Places: At Home; Around Town
- Nature: Forests and Deserts; Mountains and Caves
- About You: How You Feel; What You Do
- Resources: We Use Natural Resources; We Use Man-made Things
Grade 5 activities include puzzles, word problems, riddles, and drawings that involve critical thinking skills such as:
- Create, and more
Plus, each page lists the critical thinking skill(s) so that you know what your child is practicing.
Includes answer key.
Every Skill Sharpeners workbook now includes a free downloadable Teaching Guide The Skill Sharpeners: Critical Thinking Teaching Guides include:
- How to Use directions for teaching critical thinking skills
- Sample pacing guide to complete lessons and activities
- Teaching suggestions for learning to problem solve
- Extension activities that include journals, behavioral verbs, and additional discussion topics
A leader in PreK-8 educational publishing, Evan-Moor has been a trusted partner of teachers and parents for over 40 years. Our mission is helping children learn, and we do this by creating resources that motivate children to learn important skills and concepts across the curriculum while also inspiring a love of learning.