12 Life Lessons from St. Thomas Aquinas: Timeless Spiritual Wisdom for Our Turbulent Times (Paperback)
Not currently on our shelves, but available to order (usually within a few days)
Here, Dr. Kevin Vost provides you with 12 essential life lessons, culled from the writings of St. Thomas Aquinas. Together these lessons will elevate your mind, enrich your spirit, and teach you how to participate fully in the universal vocation to holiness and happiness.
Distilling Thomas's timeless and unparalleled spiritual wisdom, Vost shows you:
- The things you must believe, know, and desire in order to be saved (and how to thoroughly attend to these in your daily life)
- Why you must be religious and not merely spiritual
- How sloth in particular can blind you to the highest meaning of life (and which virtues supply the antidote)
- The surprising and dreadful effects of wrath in your life
- How to recognize injustices you may be committing dailyand how to train yourself to fight those impulses.
About the Author
Kevin Vost, Psy.D., is the author of twenty books including Memorize the Faith! and How to Think Like Aquinas and has taught psychology at Aquinas College in Nashville, Tennessee, the University of Illinois at Springfield, Lincoln Land Community College, and MacMurray College. He is a member of the Research Review Committee for American Mensa, which promotes the scientific study of human intelligence.