Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Throne of Glass series.
- #2: Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2) (Paperback): $11.99
- #3: Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3) (Paperback): $11.99
- #4: Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass #4) (Paperback): $11.99
- #5: Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass #5) (Paperback): $11.99
- #6: Tower of Dawn (Miniature Character Collection) (Throne of Glass #6) (Paperback): $14.99
- #7: Kingdom of Ash (Miniature Character Collection) (Throne of Glass #7) (Paperback): $14.99
- #8: La espada de la asesina. Relatos de Trono de Cristal / The Assassin’s Blade: the Throne of Glass Novellas (Trono de Cristal / Throne of Glass #8) (Paperback): $19.95
Finishing the Throne of Glass series has felt like one of the biggest accomplishments of my life. These eight books conclude in a crescendo of emotion, and let me tell you, Maas is an expert in that category. If you're looking for a fantastical journey of war, turmoil, dreams, and love, you've found it here.— From Kat's Picks
In a land without magic, where the king rules with an iron hand, an assassin is summoned to the castle. She comes not to kill the king, but to win her freedom. If she defeats twenty-three killers, thieves, and warriors in a competition, she is released from prison to serve as the king's champion. Her name is Celaena Sardothien.
The Crown Prince will provoke her. The Captain of the Guard will protect her. But something evil dwells in the castle of glass--and it's there to kill. When her competitors start dying one by one, Celaena's fight for freedom becomes a fight for survival, and a desperate quest to root out the evil before it destroys her world.
About the Author
Sarah J. Maas is the #1 New York Times and internationally bestselling author of the Throne of Glass series, as well as the Court of Thorns and Roses series. Her books are published in over thirty-six languages. A New York native, Sarah lives in Pennsylvania with her husband and dog.
“Readers seeking the political intrigue of Kristen Cashore's Graceling and its sequels or the deadly competition at the heart of The Hunger Games will find both in Maas's strong debut novel. . . . The verve and freshness of the narration make for a thrilling read.” —Publishers Weekly, starred review
“A teenage assassin, a rebel princess, menacing gargoyles, supernatural portals and a glass castle prove to be as thrilling as they sound. . . . Celaena is still just a teenager trying to forge her way, giving the story timelessness. This commingling of comedy, brutality and fantasy evokes a rich alternate universe with a spitfire young woman as its brightest star.” —Kirkus Reviews
“Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas is a tale full of surprises and shadows, where deadly seeds are sown with the promise of more danger to come. A fascinating glimpse into the dark side of Cinderella.” —Colleen Houck, the NYT Bestselling author of the Tiger's Curse series