The book is not currently in stock at our stores. Please call us for price and availability.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 9 in the Backyard Farming series.
- #1: Backyard Farming: Raising Chickens: From Building Coops to Collecting Eggs and More (Paperback): $7.95
- #2: Backyard Farming: Growing Vegetables & Herbs: From Planting to Harvesting and More (Paperback): $7.95
- #3: Backyard Farming: Keeping Honey Bees: From Hive Management to Honey Harvesting and More (Paperback): $7.95
- #4: Backyard Farming: Home Harvesting: Canning and Curing, Pickling and Preserving Vegetables, Fruits and Meats (Paperback): $7.95
- #5: Backyard Farming: Raising Goats: For Dairy and Meat (Paperback): $7.95
- #6: Backyard Farming: Raising Cattle for Dairy and Beef (Paperback): $7.95
- #7: Backyard Farming: Growing Garlic: The Complete Guide to Planting, Growing, and Harvesting Garlic. (Paperback): $7.95
- #8: Backyard Farming: Canning & Preserving: Over 75 Recipes for the Homestead Kitchen (Paperback): $7.95
- #10: Backyard Farming: Fruit Trees, Berries & Nuts (Paperback): $7.95
- #11: Backyard Farming: Composting: How to Plan, Build, and Maintain Your Own Compost System for a Healthy and Vibrant Garden (Paperback): $7.95
- #12: Backyard Farming: Raising Pigs (Paperback): $7.95
Your Backyard Farming Experience Begins Here!
Join the Backyard Farming Movement and Turn Your Home into a Homestead!
Backyard Farming: Homesteading is your all-in-one guide to successfully turning your rural property, suburban home, or urban dwelling into a productive food oasis. Covering every topic from finding and developing the perfect property, as well as which produce and livestock combinations are easiest to start with, Homesteading takes the anxiety and guesswork out of enjoying the backyard farming revolution.
Whether you have 100 acres of open land or just a small backyard or apartment terrace, Homesteading is the comprehensive primer for anyone looking to grow their own food. Including detailed instructions and informative photographs that help ensure your backyard farm is everything you want it to be, Homesteading walks you step by step through the process of planning and implementing your sustainable lifestyle.
With Homesteading, you will:
• Learn what to look for when considering properties for backyard farming
• Learn how to develop the property you already own into a homestead, regardless of size and space
• Find out which varieties of produce and livestock are easiest for a beginner
• Learn how to preserve your harvest
• Discover a variety of delicious recipes using produce from your own farm
...and many more tips to help you achieve success.
More than ever, people everywhere are making a return to the farming lifestyle: Homestreading is your first big step to joining the growing movement of these homemakers looking to a healthier, happier way of life—and it starts right in your own backyard.
Backyard Farming is a series of easy-to-use guides to help urban, suburban, and rural dwellers turn their homes into homesteads. Whether planning to grow food for the family or for sale at the local farmers market, Backyard Farming provides simple instruction and essential information in a convenient reference.
About the Author
Kim Pezza grew up among orchards and dairy and beef farms having lived most of her life in the Finger Lakes region. She has raised pigs, poultry and game birds, rabbits and goats, and is experienced in growing herbs and vegetables. In her spare time, Kim also teaches workshops in a variety of areas, from art and simple computers for seniors, to making herb butter, oils, and vinegars. She continues to learn new techniques and skills and is currently looking to turn her grandparents' 1800s farm into a small, working homestead.