Not currently on our shelves, but available to order (usually within a few days)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 8 in the Backyard Farming series.
- #1: Backyard Farming: Raising Chickens: From Building Coops to Collecting Eggs and More (Paperback): $7.95
- #2: Backyard Farming: Growing Vegetables & Herbs: From Planting to Harvesting and More (Paperback): $7.95
- #3: Backyard Farming: Keeping Honey Bees: From Hive Management to Honey Harvesting and More (Paperback): $7.95
- #4: Backyard Farming: Home Harvesting: Canning and Curing, Pickling and Preserving Vegetables, Fruits and Meats (Paperback): $7.95
- #5: Backyard Farming: Raising Goats: For Dairy and Meat (Paperback): $7.95
- #6: Backyard Farming: Raising Cattle for Dairy and Beef (Paperback): $7.95
- #7: Backyard Farming: Growing Garlic: The Complete Guide to Planting, Growing, and Harvesting Garlic. (Paperback): $7.95
- #9: Backyard Farming: Homesteading: The Complete Guide to Self-Sufficiency (Paperback): $7.95
- #10: Backyard Farming: Fruit Trees, Berries & Nuts (Paperback): $7.95
- #11: Backyard Farming: Composting: How to Plan, Build, and Maintain Your Own Compost System for a Healthy and Vibrant Garden (Paperback): $7.95
- #12: Backyard Farming: Raising Pigs (Paperback): $7.95
Your Backyard Farming Experience Begins Here!
Make the most of your harvest with over 75 delicious canning recipes!
At the end of a successful harvest, the backyard farmer will find themselves with an abundance of produce. Learning to preserve your harvest for use year-round is an essential craft. With the wide variety of uses for preserved produce, the homesteader will find Backyard Farming: Canning & Preserving the right guide to make certain your experience with home preserving is a success.
Canning & Preserving takes you through every step of the most popular forms of canning, covering everything from hot water bath canning to the use of a pressure cooker, as you explore the full range of options for your preserved foods. From jams, jellies, and preserves, to pickling food and preparing savory sauces, find the perfect use for your preserved harvest.
With Canning & Preserving, you will:
• Explore tried-and-true food preservation methods
• Learn to properly use the equipment needed to make the most of your harvest
• Create flavorful syrups and juices, for use in a variety of healthy recipes
• Enjoy delicious recipes year-round, using preserved foods
Join the growing movement of homemakers and homesteaders looking to make a return to a healthier, happier way of life—direct to your kitchen from your own backyard. Canning & Preserving will show you how.
Backyard Farming is a series of easy-to-use guides to help urban, suburban, and rural dwellers turn their homes into homesteads. Whether planning to grow food for the family or for sale at the local farmers market, Backyard Farming provides simple instruction and essential information in a convenient reference.
About the Author
Kim Pezza grew up among orchards and dairy and beef farms having lived most of her life in the Finger Lakes region. She has raised pigs, poultry and game birds, rabbits and goats, and is experienced in growing herbs and vegetables. In her spare time, Kim also teaches workshops in a variety of areas, from art and simple computers for seniors, to making herb butter, oils, and vinegars. She continues to learn new techniques and skills and is currently looking to turn her grandparents' 1800s farm into a small, working homestead.