The book is not currently in stock at our stores. Please call us for price and availability.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 7 in the Backyard Farming series.
- #1: Backyard Farming: Raising Chickens: From Building Coops to Collecting Eggs and More (Paperback): $7.95
- #2: Backyard Farming: Growing Vegetables & Herbs: From Planting to Harvesting and More (Paperback): $7.95
- #3: Backyard Farming: Keeping Honey Bees: From Hive Management to Honey Harvesting and More (Paperback): $7.95
- #4: Backyard Farming: Home Harvesting: Canning and Curing, Pickling and Preserving Vegetables, Fruits and Meats (Paperback): $7.95
- #5: Backyard Farming: Raising Goats: For Dairy and Meat (Paperback): $7.95
- #6: Backyard Farming: Raising Cattle for Dairy and Beef (Paperback): $7.95
- #8: Backyard Farming: Canning & Preserving: Over 75 Recipes for the Homestead Kitchen (Paperback): $7.95
- #9: Backyard Farming: Homesteading: The Complete Guide to Self-Sufficiency (Paperback): $7.95
- #10: Backyard Farming: Fruit Trees, Berries & Nuts (Paperback): $7.95
- #11: Backyard Farming: Composting: How to Plan, Build, and Maintain Your Own Compost System for a Healthy and Vibrant Garden (Paperback): $7.95
- #12: Backyard Farming: Raising Pigs (Paperback): $7.95
Your Backyard Farming Experience Begins Here!
Garlic is one of the most valuable and versatile additions you can make to your garden.
Backyard Farming: Growing Garlic is your expert guide to successfully tending and harvesting garlic.
Delicious when fresh and effortless to cure and preserve, garlic is a great choice for homesteads and gardens. Growing Garlic is a comprehensive primer for anyone looking to add garlic to their harvest and includes detailed instructions and informative photographs that help ensure that your garlic crop is a success.
Growing Garlic covers a broad range of important topics, including selecting the right variety of garlic for your wants and needs, storage and preservation methods, recognizing common pests and diseases, and incorporating garlic into your diet, among many others.
With Growing Garlic, you will:
• Learn when and how to plant to get the most out of your garlic crop
• Utilize garlic as the perfect companion plant to improve the health of your entire garden
• Learn the various methods of planting garlic, allowing you to work within your schedule and workload
• Learn to harvest your garlic and prepare it for sale or personal use
• Discover a variety of delicious homestead recipes
...and many more tips and tricks from experienced farmers to help you achieve success with your garlic harvest.
Growing Garlic is your first big step to joining the growing movement of homemakers and homesteaders looking to make a return to a healthier, happier way of life—and it starts right in your own backyard.
Backyard Farming is a series of easy-to-use guides to help urban, suburban, and rural dwellers turn their homes into homesteads. Whether planning to grow food for the family or for sale at the local farmers market, Backyard Farming provides simple instruction and essential information in a convenient reference.
About the Author
Kim Pezza grew up among orchards and dairy and beef farms having lived most of her life in the Finger Lakes region. She has raised pigs, poultry and game birds, rabbits and goats, and is experienced in growing herbs and vegetables. In her spare time, Kim also teaches workshops in a variety of areas, from art and simple computers for seniors, to making herb butter, oils, and vinegars. She continues to learn new techniques and skills and is currently looking to turn her grandparents' 1800s farm into a small, working homestead.