All your students can shine thanks to the flexible casting options provided in Readers' Theater, Grade 4
The 15 read-aloud scripts provide the enrichment of traditional theater productions. To support struggling readers, cast two or more students in each role; the extra support of choral reading can make an important difference for many students.
Making time for Readers' Theater in your classroom:
- makes reading come alive for students
- helps build oral fluency and strengthens reading and language arts skills
- promotes teamwork, strengthening your classroom community
- helps develop confidence in students
- offers performance possibilities for in-class or schoolwide presentations
Some of the scripts included are:
- "Louis Pasteur"-a scientist serving humanity
- "Keelboat Annie"-African American traditions
- "How Coyote Brought Fire to the People"-A Native American legend
- "Sojourner Truth: A Life Devoted to Justice" -African American traditions
- "The Story of the Chestnut Tree"-a possible environmental disaster
- Many more
This resource contains teacher support pages, reproducible student pages, and an answer key. This is a reproducible resource (photocopying of lessons is permitted) for single classroom or individual home use only.
A leader in PreK-8 educational publishing, Evan-Moor has been a trusted partner of teachers and parents for over 40 years. Our mission is helping children learn, and we do this by creating resources that motivate children to learn important skills and concepts across the curriculum while also inspiring a love of learning.