Not currently on our shelves, but available to order (usually within a few days)
This book cannot be returned.
This book cannot be returned.
"Canning & Preserving at Home - A Complete Guide to Canning, Preserving and Storing Your Produce" is for anyone who wants to know how to store their own fresh produce for long term use. Whether you want to make jam, pickles, soups or chutneys or freeze or can fresh fruits and vegetables you will find everything you need to know in this book. Canning and preserving can feel like a bit of a minefield. Many people think of homesteaders and older folk canning away in their kitchen, but increasingly younger people and urban gardeners are interested in preserving the produce they have grown or even making their own healthy preserves from fresh fruit and vegetables bought from the supermarket.This book guides you through the complete process of preserving fresh produce from start to finish. You will learn everything for methods such as freezing, canning, dehydrating, pickling, jamming, making fruit leathers and cordials and more. This complete guide turns you into an expert preserver In "Canning & Preserving at Home" you will discover all of this, plus plenty of recipes and ideas for the kitchen:
- Methods for storing fresh fruits and vegetables correctly to maximize their shelf life
- How to freeze fruits and vegetables and how to double their storage life
- Canning fruits and vegetables
- Drying fruits and vegetables both using a dehydrator and your oven
- Pickling a wide variety of fruits and vegetables
- Making delicious jams and jellies including how to make it set and more
- Making your own chutneys - delicious with meat and cheese
- Preserving vegetables by making delicious, filling home-made soups
- Fruit leathers, cheeses, butters and curds - delicious and slightly unusual methods of preserving a wide variety of fruits
- Ketchups & sauces - superb methods of preserving fresh produce
- Cordials & syrups - save a taste of summer for the winter months with these great preserving ideas
About the Author
Jason is passionate about gardening, having grown his own produce for over twenty years. He started with a second hand greenhouse, an 8' by 6' patch of his mother's garden and far too many tomato plants. After turning the greenhouse into a tomato farm, he was hooked at the taste of the first ripe tomato. Since then he was worked his way through various allotments and gardens, growing everything from radishes to carrots to giant pumpkins. He discovered he loved gardening and loved eating what he grew even more. Soon he had graduated to four freezers and two refrigerators to store everything that he made with the produce that came off the allotment. He shares this knowledge in his gardening books, hoping to inspire people to take up gardening themselves and successfully grow their own delicious fresh fruit and vegetables. As well as this, Jason is a qualified clinical hypnotist and NLP Practitioner and loves to help people change their lives and achieve their goals in life. He shares practical techniques that anyone can use to make massive changes in their lives, whether they need more confidence or want to live their dream life. Having run personal development courses and changed people's lives through his hypnosis practise, he is reaching out with his books to help more people make the changes they want in their life.