This book cannot be returned.
Not even your high school English teacher knew Jane Austen could be this uproariously clever.
A laugh-out-loud mash-up party game for everyone, whether you loved the novel, or barely skimmed it. Dealt from a deck of 400 response cards, complete modern musings such as, "The secret to a happy marriage is...." with phrases pulled directly from Pride & Prejudice. Put a new spin on a literary classic by turning this novel of manners into a comedy of errors.
Ideally suited to 4 players or more, ages 12 and up.
For fans of Jane Austen and classic literature, and for fans of anything but. It's like reading the book . . . but funner.
Sample prompt/response scenarios:
Omg, last night I dreamt I was:
- a man of more fashion than fortune.
- nearly a hundred thousand pounds.
- pleasing women.
- the only handsome girl in the room.
The secret to a happy marriage is:
- a bottle of wine every day.
- a pack of foxhounds.
- a thorough knowledge of music, singing, drawing, dancing, and the modern languages.
- silent indignation.