This book cannot be returned.
In "DETOUR: Hollywood," Dickerson puts the making of his "Underground Hit," Detour, on display for all to see. He will teach you what you really need to know about making a microbudget film, or a film of any budget for that matter, from the nuts and bolts of directing, to getting your movie made and out into the world, including:
- The Director as the sole defense for the story
- Understanding the two main ingredients of filmmaking: Subtext and Point of View
- Beating out a script
- The template for creating the perfect Director's Binder
- Action Verbs: How to adjust performance through severity and mildness
- Avoiding the trap of "style over substance"
- The importance of Theme; Detailed "behind-the-scenes" of the Pre-Production, Production, Post-Production and Distribution of Detour
- How the distribution model has changed...for the better.
William Dickerson is an award-winning screenwriter, director and author, whose debut feature film, Detour, was released theatrically and On Demand worldwide. He has a Master of Fine Arts from the American Film Institute and teaches Directing at the New York Film Academy.