Coming Soon! Pre-Order this now and we will contact you on publication date!
People of different skill levels and backgrounds find themselves drawn to the beauty and creativity of fashion design for a variety of reasons, including the growing trend of "slow fashion." Many would-be designers soon discover, however, that envisioning brand-new creations and conveying them to others can be a difficult task for amateurs and professionals alike. This resource book presents various methods for developing and showcasing fashion design ideas.
Sharing a wealth of fashion know-how, this guide offers
- a comprehensive directory of various clothing items and accessories, as well as an array of design variations
- a discussion of design principles and suggestions for tapping into readers' own springs of creativity
- a primer on textiles to inform design decisions
- tips and techniques to express ideas through design sketches, offering lessons on proportions, fitting, shading, and color
- step-by-step instructions that show how to create basic renderings as well as stylized fashion croquis--both by hand and with the assistance of software
Through helpful images and instructions, this resource provides the tools fashion enthusiasts need to successfully create and draw their own designs.