Other Books in Series
This is book number 3 in the Drawing Cute series.
- #1: Drawing Cute Animals in Colored Pencil (Paperback): $17.99
- #2: Drawing Cute Birds in Colored Pencil (Paperback): $17.99
With Drawing Lessons for Beginners: Cute Animals, you can learn to draw a virtual ark of amazing animals, from an aardvark to a zebra, even if you’ve never tried to draw before.
Written and illustrated by Ai Akikusa, the author of Drawing Cute Animals in Colored Pencil and Drawing Cute Birds in Colored Pencil, this fun and easy step-by-step guide shows you how to outline the basic shapes of each animal’s head, body, and details like ears, legs, feet, and tail in pencil. Then add color and finishing touches like fur, patterns, and textures in colored pencil. You'll learn to draw:
- All-time favorites: dog, cat, horse, tiger, bear
- In the barnyard: cow, goat, sheep, pig, donkey
- Forest friends: rabbit, deer, squirrel, fox, wolf
- On safari: lion, elephant, giraffe, cheetah, rhino
- Exotics: okapi, capybara, lemur, red panda, sloth
Make learning to draw easy—and make all your drawings cute—with the Drawing Cute series from Quarry Books.
About the Author
Ai Akikusa is a Japanese artist, illustrator, and picture books author based in Tokyo. She graduated from the Department of Graphic Design, Tama Art University. After working at the Nakamori Design Office, she is now working independently as an artist. Some of her publications to date are as follows: Easy-to-use Coloring Pencils, Cute Animals with Coloring Pencils, Let's Go To the Zoo, Buk's Baby, Me and My Little Popofu, The Hairy One, Asahiyama Zoo, Parudemar the Bear, and Little Puddle.