On Our Shelves in the last 24 hours. Click to see a specific store location's stock.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 9 in the Rivers of London series.
- #1: Rivers Of London Vol. 1: Body Work (Paperback): $17.99
- #2: Moon Over Soho (Rivers of London #2) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #3: Whispers Under Ground (Rivers of London #3) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #4: Broken Homes (Rivers of London #4) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #5: Foxglove Summer (Rivers of London #5) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #6: The Hanging Tree (Rivers of London #6) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #7: Lies Sleeping (Rivers of London #7) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #8: False Value (Rivers of London #8) (Hardcover): $26.00
The ninth novel of the bestselling Rivers of London urban fantasy series returns to the adventures of Peter Grant, detective and apprentice wizard, as he solves magical crimes in the city of London.
There is a world hidden underneath this great city.
The London Silver Vaults—for well over a century, the largest collection of silver for sale in the world. It has more locks than the Bank of England and more cameras than a paparazzi convention.
Not somewhere you can murder someone and vanish without a trace—only that’s what happened.
The disappearing act, the reports of a blinding flash of light, and memory loss amongst the witnesses all make this a case for Detective Constable Peter Grant and the Special Assessment Unit.
Alongside their boss DCI Thomas Nightingale, the SAU find themselves embroiled in a mystery that encompasses London’s tangled history, foreign lands and, most terrifying of all, the North!
And Peter must solve this case soon, because back home his partner Beverley is expecting twins any day now. But what he doesn’t know is that he’s about to encounter something—and somebody—that nobody ever expects…
Effortlessly original, endlessly inventive and hugely entertaining—step into the world of the much-loved, bestselling Rivers of London series.
About the Author
Ben Aaronovitch started his writing career in screenwriting, most prominently on the TV show Doctor Who, before becoming a bookseller. He returned to writing with his London-based criminal investigative fantasy, The Rivers of London, which launched the thrilling and wry adventures of magician and police officer Peter Grant.