Email or call for price
Out of Print. This book is not available to order. If you would like to double check please give us a call.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 5 in the Suzuki Violin School series.
- #1: Suzuki Violin School (Asian Edition), Vol 1: Violin Part, Book & CD (Paperback): $12.99
- #2: Suzuki Violin School (Asian Edition), Vol 2: Violin Part, Book & CD (Paperback): $12.99
- #4: Suzuki Violin School: Asian Edition, Book & CD (Paperback): $9.99
- #6: Suzuki Violin School (Compact Disc): $15.99
- #7: Suzuki Violin School, Vol 7 (Compact Disc): $15.99
- #8: Suzuki Violin School, Vol 8: Violin Part (Paperback): $14.99
- #9: Suzuki Violin School, Vol 9: Violin Part (Paperback): $14.99
- #10: Suzuki Violin School, Volume 10, Vol 10: Violin Part (Paperback): $14.99
Teach violin with the popular Suzuki Violin School. The Suzuki Method(R) of Talent Education is based on Shinichi Suzuki's view that every child is born with ability, and that people are the product of their environment. According to Shinichi Suzuki, a world-renowned violinist and teacher, the greatest joy an adult can know comes from developing a child's potential so he/she can express all that is harmonious and best in human beings. Students are taught using the mother-tongue approach. Each series of books for a particular instrument in the Suzuki Method is considered a Suzuki music school, such as the Suzuki Violin School. Suzuki lessons are generally given in a private studio setting with additional group lessons. The student listens to the recordings and works with their Suzuki violin teacher to develop their potential as a musician and as a person. This Suzuki book is integral for Suzuki Violin lessons. This revised edition of the Suzuki Violin School, Volume 5 features:
* Revised editing of pieces, including bowings and fingerings
* Additional exercises, some from Shinichi Suzuki, plus additional insight and suggestions for teachers
* Musical notation guide
* Text in English, French, Spanish, and German
* Fingerboard position * CD featuring recordings by William Preucil, Jr. and piano accompaniments by Linda Perry, as well as piano accompaniments recorded alone. Titles: Gavotte (Bach) * Concerto in A Minor, 2nd Movement, Op. 3 No. 6 (Vivaldi) * Concerto in G Minor (Vivaldi) * Country Dance (Weber) * German Dance (Dittersdorf) * Gigue (Veracini) * Concerto for Two Violins in D Minor, BWV 1043, 1st Movement, Violin I (Bach). For a complete list of the most recent printings by AMPV number, go to alfred.com/suzuki. This title is available in SmartMusic. The International editions include an updated title page that designates the book as the International Edition.