The New Testament launches with an eyewitness account of the events of Jesus' life from Matthew, a former tax collector who experienced a radical conversion and became one of Jesus' own disciples.
John MacArthur will take you through the book of Matthew, passage by passage, so that you can better understand everything from the cultural context to the implications of the coming of King Jesus.
Matthew's unique view interweaves his strong Jewish knowledge of the expected Messiah with his personal recollections of the flesh-and-blood Savior. In the process, he reveals the qualifications that prove Jesus was the promised Messiah:
- His miraculous birth.
- His response to the test of His kingliness
- His inauguration
- His miracles.
- His teachings and public ministry.
Every detail of the book of Matthew confirms Jesus' deity and proves He is the Messiah of Israel and the Savior of the world.
--ABOUT THE SERIES--
The MacArthur Bible Study series is designed to help you study the Word of God with guidance from widely respected pastor and author John MacArthur. Each guide provides intriguing examinations of the whole of Scripture by examining its parts and incorporates:
- Extensive, but straight-forward commentary on the text.
- Detailed observations on overriding themes, timelines, history, and context.
- Word and phrase studies to help you unlock the broader meaning and apply it to your life.
- Probing, interactive questions with plenty of space to write down your response and thoughts.
About the Author
John MacArthur is the pastor-teacher of Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, California, president of the Master's College and Seminary, and featured teacher with the Grace to You media ministry. In more than four decades of ministry, John has written dozens of bestselling books, including The MacArthur Study Bible, The Gospel According to Jesus, and Slave. He lives in Los Angeles.