The book is not currently in stock at our stores. Please call us for price and availability.
The Canons of the Church of England 7th edition provides a comprehensive and essential guide to all the legal aspects of running a church. This edition includes the First Supplement to the Seventh Edition, incorporating the changes which made it legal for women to become bishops in the Church of England; and the Second Supplement, introducing a new Canon to enable the Church of England to deal more effectively with safeguarding issues. The Canons also address: - The approved forms of services and service books
- Orders of ministry
- Doctrines of the Church of England
- Government of the Church of England
- Legal requirements relating to baptism, marriage and funerals
- The role and responsibilities of Churchwardens and PCCs
- Church property maintainence
- Record keeping
- Other uses of church buildings e.g. for entertainment
- The admission of children to communion
- The Ecclesiastical courts
- Clergy housing
- The admission of licensing of lay workers An essential reference companion and guide for all clergy, churchwardens, synod members and all involved in diocesan and national church governance.