Encyclopedia of Antarctica and the Southern Oceans (Hardcover)
The book is not currently in stock at our stores. Please call us for price and availability.
An up-to-date and authoritative one-volume reference offeringcomprehensive coverage of the biology, climatology, oceanography, geology, history and current legal, political and human aspects ofthe Antarctic continent and the surrounding ocean andislands. * Edited by Dr Bernard Stonehouse - a research scientist, writerand editor with wide-ranging field experience of Antarctica and thesouthern oceans
* Entries from 25 eminent contributors, writing under the directionof six advisory editors, ensures an up-to-date and authoritativepresentation
* Comprehensive geographical coverage, including lands, coasts, major mountain ranges and individual features, all withco-ordinates and brief descriptions, and many in-text maps
* Includes study guides, offering 2-3000 words on key topics, whichenable the user to follow themes of interest systematically andthematically, with key words linking to the A-Z entries within theEncyclopedia
* Features an eight page, fold-out coloured map section of thecontinent showing major geographical features
* Offers wide cross-disciplinary coverage of Antarctic and southernoceans from politics and sovereignty to marine zoology
* Written in a simple, straightforward style
Provides essential reading for all researchers and academicsworking in climatology, oceanography, geology and biology, as wellas Polar researchers.
About the Author
B. Stonehouse is the author of Encyclopedia of Antarctica and the Southern Oceans, published by Wiley.