On Our Shelves in the last 24 hours. Click to see a specific store location's stock.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Field Guide series.
- #2: Tom Brown's Field Guide to Nature Observation and Tracking (Paperback): $17.00
- #3: Tom Brown's Field Guide to City and Suburban Survival (Paperback): $16.00
- #4: Tom Brown's Field Guide to Living with the Earth (Paperback): $16.00
- #5: Tom Brown's Field Guide to Wild Edible and Medicinal Plants (Paperback): $16.00
- #6: Tom Brown's Field Guide to the Forgotten Wilderness: Discover the Wonders of Nature in Your Own Backyard (Paperback): $15.00
- #7: Tom Brown's Field Guide to Nature and Survival for Children (Paperback): $15.00
A fully illustrated wilderness survival guide perfect for seasoned and novice outdoors enthusiasts alike.
Here, in one essential volume, are the basics of wilderness survival. The most ancient and important skills, preserved for generations, are presented in a simple, easy-to-use format with clear illustrations and instructions. A complete must-have companion to the great outdoors.
• How to build natural shelters in plains, woods, or deserts
• How to get safe drinking water from plants, trees, the sun, or Earth Herself
• How to make fire without matches and maintain it in any weather
• How to find, stalk, kill, and prepare animals for food
• The "big four" edible plants, and hundreds of others useful for both nutrition and medicine
TOM BROWN'S FIELD GUIDES: America's most popular nature reference books, Tom Brown's bestselling field guides are specially designed for both beginners and experienced explorers. Fully illustrated and comprehensive, each volume includes practical information, time-tested nature skills, and exciting new ways to rediscover the earth around us.
About the Author
Tom Brown, Jr. began to learn hunting and tracking at the age of eight under the tutelage of an Apache elder, medicine man, and scout in Toms River, New Jersey, and is the author of 16 books on nature. He was the technical advisor on The Hunted, a major motion picture starring Tommy Lee Jones and Benecio Del Toro. In 1978, Tom founded the Tracker School in the New Jersey Pine Barrens where he offers more than 25 classes about wilderness survival and environmental protection.