This book cannot be returned.
Racism is one of the most polarizing conversations in our world and in the church. But it's a topic that the church can and must take part in.
In this twelve-session study (DVD/streaming video sold separately), Jemar Tisby will guide you and your group through deeper reflections and concrete solutions for improved race relations and a racially inclusive church.
Based on the teachings of his bestselling book, The Color of Compromise, Tisby will take you deeper into the topic, so that you'll:
- Learn more about the history of racism in America--from the colonial era through the Civil Rights movement.
- Develop a stronger ability to see the role that the American church has played in that abuse.
- Consider what gospel-inspired role you and your church can play in the important work of racial healing.
The Color of Compromise Study Guide asks that participants acknowledge some challenging truths--about themselves and their nation--but it also makes space for you to articulate how you feel about confronting these truths. Throughout the twelve sessions, you'll take part in a number of activities, including:
- Video teachings from Jemar (The Color of Compromise Video Study, sold separately).
- Written responses and personal reflections.
- Scripture readings and prayers.
- Group discussion questions.
Before you embark, remember that peace among racial and ethnic groups is not something that we have to achieve by our own wisdom and strength. The foundation of all reconciliation was accomplished by Jesus on the cross. Through Christ's power, the church can become a model of racial unity in our country.
Designed for use with The Color of Compromise Video Study (9780310102205), sold separately.