Other Books in Series
This is book number 6 in the Little House series.
- #1: Little House in the Big Woods (Paperback): $8.99
- #2: Farmer Boy CD (Little House #2) (Abridged / CD-Audio): $25.99
- #3: Little House on the Prairie (Paperback): $8.99
- #4: On the Banks of Plum Creek: Full Color Edition: A Newbery Honor Award Winner (Little House #4) (Paperback): $9.99
- #5: Christmas Stories: Reillustrated Edition: A Christmas Holiday Book for Kids (Little House Chapter Book #5) (Paperback): $4.99
- #7: Little Town on the Prairie: A Newbery Honor Award Winner (Little House #7) (Hardcover): $16.99
- #8: These Happy Golden Years: Full Color Edition: A Newbery Honor Award Winner (Little House #8) (Paperback): $9.99
- #9: The First Four Years: Full Color Edition (Little House #9) (Paperback): $9.99
- #10: Christmas Stories (Little House Chapter Books: Laura (Prebound) #10) (Prebound): $16.80
Immerse yourself in Laura Ingalls Wilder’s beloved Little House series!
The Ingalls family has seen both joy and hardship since the end of On the Banks of Plum Creek. Mary has been left blind from a battle with scarlet fever, and a new sister, Grace, has been born. Pa decides to move to a railroad camp in the unsettled Dakota Territory to work as a bookkeeper to earn money. Eventually, Laura, her sisters, and Ma travel by train to join Pa at the spot he’s claimed for their new home. They spend a long winter in the surveyor’s house, and in the spring, Pa begins to build a store. It’s the first building in what will become the town of De Smet. Finally, the Ingalls family’s travels by covered wagon are over.
The nine books in the timeless Little House series tell the story of Laura’s real childhood as an American pioneer, and are cherished by readers of all generations. They offer a unique glimpse into life on the American frontier and tell the heartwarming, unforgettable story of a loving family.
About the Author
Laura Ingalls Wilder (1867–1957) was born in a log cabin in the Wisconsin woods. With her family, she pioneered throughout America’s heartland during the 1870s and 1880s, finally settling in Dakota Territory. She married Almanzo Wilder in 1885; their only daughter, Rose, was born the following year. The Wilders moved to Rocky Ridge Farm at Mansfield, Missouri, in 1894, where they established a permanent home. After years of farming, Laura wrote the first of her beloved Little House books in 1932. The nine Little House books are international classics. Her writings live on into the twenty-first century as America’s quintessential pioneer story.
Cherry Jones won the Tony® Award for best actress for both The Heiress and Doubt, and received two Tony® nominations for her work in A Moon for the Misbegotten and Our Country's Good; she can be seen in the films The Perfect Storm, Erin Brockovich, The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, and Cold Mountain.